The most fun Guests for the most fun con
Every year BABSCon gets industry Guests of Honor from all aspects of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; from voice actors, writers, artists, directors, and staff. We also aim to bring artists and writers from the IDW MLP comic series. Like the Mirror Pool, this list of our Guests of Honor is just going to churn out more, so please subscribe to our social media link at the bottom of the page for the latest news on newly announced Guests of Honor.
Tabitha St. Germain
As always, the provided bio for Tabitha St. Germain is one of the best things you'll read all year, and must be consumed in full for the proper effect:
"I’ve decided to do my bio in as a tweety soundbite-salad for a change. May contain nuts:
- If you’ve never heard it in it’s natural form, my voice sounds like Kate Blanchett at the wrong speed.
- I’m Tabitha. I changed my name. I'd do it again. I'll change yours given half a chance.
- I feel that, as your name is sounded at you over and over in your life it should hold meaning for you, or at the very least, you should like it. Say what you will about ‘Tabitha,’ it’s better than ‘Ruinous Teeth of Turmoil,’ Thanks a pant-load, Mum. Raised by wolves. Long story.
- Truth is, a psychic dude at an Indian restaurant in New York told me my name was a ‘7,’ the number of an introvert, and that I would never be successful in an acting career with a name like mine. So I changed it. Still an introvert. Oh well. Bye Success, you unattainable hottie, you.
- Once I ate a huge bar of ex-lax because I thought it was chocolate. That’s a laxative, if you don’t know. Don’t remember the rest of that day.
This is going well.
- When I was a kid, I went to Malawi with a friend from school. Her dad was important in the govt. They lived in a mansion, and dressed to the nines to go out. We went to see a movie (Grease) wearing stiff new clothes. My buddy’s outfit was suede in black-and-white diamonds with a massive matching hat. We stood for the national anthem at the movie and then ate flying ants that had been caught in the kitchen and fried in butter just before.
- I can sing the Swazi national anthem and the Pan-African anthem.
- Both me and my brother were expelled from school in South Africa. Not at the same time.
- I planted a bay tree over the body(dead) of my cat, Mint, in my garden 10 years ago. The tree got too big & I had to move it to a park.I had to dig deep to get the roots up. There was no sign of Mint's body. Tree ate her, I guess. And so do I, every time I pick a leaf.
- My sister kept her dead cat in freezer 5 months ‘til the ground thawed & she could bury her. Found out when I went 2 basement for a frozen pie.
- My sister had lice once. She'll never see this. I've 2 sisters in 2 different families. Only one had lice. But she deserved it.
- I saw ‘little people’ when I was a kid. Now, when I see little people, they ARE kids.
- I once had a boyfriend who had been in a Swiss Chalet commercial. He liked to go into Swiss Chalets whenever we would pass them, to see if anyone would recognize him. Actors, right?
- One side of my body is diff than the other. Tentacles mainly.
- When not working for a top secret group of space-ninja assassins, I spend my spare time gardening.
Okay. I think that’s enough deeply personal information. Here’s some of the places my voice as been:
Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, C.O.P.S, Beetlejuice, DragonBall Z Gundam Seed, Care Bears, Death Note, Martha Speaks, Jimmy Two-Shoes, Polly Pocket, a buncha Barbie movies, League of Super Evil, Nerds and Monsters, Littlest Pet Shop, Maya the Bee, Packages From Planet X, Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch, Pac-Man, LoliRock, Pirate Express, Dinotrux, Endangered Species, Kong, Nina’s World, Supernoobs, Ninjago, 16 Hudson, Chip and Potato, Rev and Rumble, Super Monsters and other stuff.
In MLP: Rarity, Luna, Nightmare Moon, Granny Smith, Mrs. Cake, Photo Finish, Rarity's Mom, Muffins, Suri Polomare, Pound Cake, Spa Pony, Flurry Heart and others."
Best known to MLP fans as the voice of Sunset Shimmer in the My Little Pony: Equestria Girls movies and web series, Rebecca Shoichet boasts an impressive voice résumé, including voicing Mayura Labatt from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Sota Higurashi from InuYasha, and the titular Nana Osaki from Nana. In addition to her notable speaking roles in the My Little Pony franchise, Rebecca Shoichet also performs the singing voice of Twilight Sparkle on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.